Our thanks to Merry Stuhr, Nancy Castonia, and Tracy Weinrich for creating this special week for our students and staff! Thanks to Merry for sharing this write up, which describes the magic perfectly:
|Harry Potter Week|
In anticipation of the film release of Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them (J.K. Rowling's magical world moves to the U.S. and takes place years before Harry Potter), the library hosted a Harry Potter Week from November 14-18!
This magical week featured:
• a special Fantastic Beasts window, created by Nancy Castonia
• a daily Harry Potter trivia question (this required research from all but the most extreme HP fans)
• draw your own Patronus on the whiteboard table (for those who didn't know what a Patronus is, this was a pretest for the daily trivia contest.)
• make your own Harry Potter bookmark with one of the highly inspirational quotes from the Harry Potter books
• students were invited to wear their Hogwarts House colors on Thurs., Nov. 17th (Merry included this essential NOTE: If you don't know your House colors, and want to know which House the Sorting Hat would place you in, please contact me for assistance! I have the perfect way for you to find out!)
• a photo opportunity for interested students: Nancy has made a giant "frame" that is based on the Wanted posters from Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban. This was amazing-the kids loved it!
Much learning, adventure, magic and fun was shared by all!
|Nancy and Merry|